ACT Skilled Capital
Further your career and build a better future with our ACT Skilled Capital funded courses. Skilled Capital is an ACT Government initiative providing a limited number of funded spots for individuals wanting to undertake a nationally recognised qualification to improve on their employment outcomes. Students who successfully complete a course through the Skilled Capital program are eligible for a completion bonus. Through our registered training organisation: Insight Training Group Australia Pty Ltd RTO ID 32142, we are able to deliver the following qualifications under the Skilled Capital program to eligible participants:
|Classroom or Existing Students Online||Online|
|Qualification Name||Concession||Non Concession||Concession||Non Concession|
|BSB30115 Certificate III in Business||$100||$200||$800||$800|
|BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration||$100||$200||$920||$920|
|BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business||$1,240||$1,499||$1,999||$2,499|
|BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration||$1,400||$1,499||$1,999||$2,499|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care||$100||$200||$1,160||$1,160|
|CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services||$1,400||$1,499||$1,999||$2,499|
|CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support||$100||$200||$920||$920|
|CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support||$160||$320||$2,920||$2,920|
|CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||$400||$800||$3,960||$3,960|
|CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services||$180||$360||$3,280||$3,280|
To be eligible for the Skilled Capital initiative, individuals must be:
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months, or
- A visa holder with work rights to engage in work in Australia, and
- Living or working in the ACT, and
- At least 15 years of age, and
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college. Students with an Exemption Certificate are not eligible for Skilled Capital. Students who are undertaking year 10 or year 12 equivalent study in an alternative program are eligible provided they satisfy the remaining eligibility criteria.
Past education attainment will not impact a student’s eligibility for certificate III qualifications and above. However, a student cannot be funded for a qualification they have already completed. Students are only subsidised for one Skilled Capital qualification at a time.
Under certain circumstances students may be eligible to pay the course concession fee only. If at the start of your training one of the below criteria applies to you a Concession Fee may be available to.
- Australian Government Health Care Card; or\
- Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card; or
- Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card; or
- Veteran’s Gold Card.
Through the Concession Fee, your course, all or in part, may be funded. Speak to one of our Career Course Advisors to understand more information about fee concessions and waivers.
To prepare for the current and future demand for important skills, the ACT government, through the Skilled Capital initiative, has provided a incentive for students residing in the ACT to invest themselves in industries expected to grow. The completion bonus was created so that Students who successfully complete their qualification are entitled to a completion bonus paid directly to them by Skills Canberra.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number is a unique number that is allocated to students studying nationally recognised Vocational Educational Training (VET) in Australia. This is a government initiative that enables you to access all of your training records and results from the one location allowing you to provide proof of qualification to any potential employer. USI’s are mandatory to anyone wanting to complete nationally recognised training.
If you forgot or lost your USI number please call
- Student Support 1800 078 839 and fill out a Release of Information form and supply ID or
- Skilling Australia on 1300 856 007