If you’re in an emergency and need help, call the Australian emergency number Triple Zero (000) for police, ambulance or fire services.
Call Triple Zero (000)
Call triple zero (000) if:
- someone is seriously injured and needs medical help
- someone is threatening your life or property
- you have witnessed a serious accident or crime.
You can reach emergency services by calling 112 from a mobile phone even if:
- the keypad is locked
- the phone doesn’t have any credit
- it’s out of range of your regular telecommunications carrier – you’ll still be connected to emergency services so long as you are within range of another GSM service.
When you speak to the operator, keep calm. Don’t shout. Speak calmly and slowly. Tell the operator exactly where you are and where the emergency services have to go. Stay on the line until emergency services arrive and the operator will give you instructions.
If you’re deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106.
Mental health and crisis support services
If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide or self-harm, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
There are free telephone and online counselling support services available to anyone in Australia experiencing a mental health emergency or another kind of crisis. These include:
- Lifeline – suicide prevention and crisis support, call 131 114
- Beyondblue – depression support and advice line, call 1300 224 636
- 1800RESPECT – sexual assault and family violence counselling service, call 1800 RESPECT
- Mensline – telephone and online support and information service for men, call 1300 789 978
Our student support service
At Kirana Colleges, we care about the health and welfare of our students.
As a student of Kirana Colleges and even if you’re on a student visa, you’re eligible for free and confidential counselling services to help with your mental health and well-being. You have access to a counselling hotline, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also offer three, free, counselling sessions in person or via Skype.
If your situation is an emergency, please call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
We recommend saving the above numbers in your mobile phone so you know who to call in an emergency or crisis.
- Ready to begin?APPLY ONLINE
Through ‘Future Unlimited’ we are dedicated to providing better lives and livelihoods through accredited international Australian education.